Salute to Service is a year-round charitable effort by the NFL to honor, empower and connect U.S service members, veterans and their families. The Bob Woodruff Foundation (BWF) is one of the NFL’s five Salute to Service partners selected to help support the military and veteran community. From November 1 to November 19, the NFL will donate $5 for each use of the hashtag #SalutetoService on Twitter, increasing the donation to $25 per tweet on Veterans Day. The NFL has committed to donating up to $5 million total, creating the potential for a significant donation to BWF. Please use one of the sample tweets below or create your own and help us raise funds with the NFL.
How does this year’s campaign work on social media?
For the first time, the NFL is using social media to generate funds for Salute to Service:
- From November 1-19, every use of the hashtag #SalutetoService on Twitter will generate a $5 donation from the NFL to Salute to Service partners.
- These donations are capped at $5 million to be split equally between organizations supported via Salute to Service; this means a potential donation of $1 million for BWF.
- On Veteran’s Day (November 11) every use of the hashtag will generate an increased donation of $25 from the NFL.
What is the objective of #SalutetoService?
This activity aims to drive increased fan engagement with Salute to Service and increase awareness of the NFL’s partnership with military nonprofits. It also provides a simple and effective way for fans to generate a donation for a deserving cause around Veterans Day.
How do I get involved?
By simply posting a tweet using the hashtag #SalutetoService between the specified dates, and by encouraging your followers to do so, too.
What should I post on Twitter?
When posting, remember to highlight the aims of the campaign and to include the following:
- The hashtag #SaluteToService MUST be included to generate the donation
- The Twitter handles for BWF (@Stand4Heroes) and the NFL (@NFL)
Sample posts are below!
- This #VeteransDay, the @NFL is donating $25 to their military nonprofit partners including @Stand4Heroes for every use of the hashtag #SalutetoService. Get tweeting! [CLICK TO TWEET]
- Support our nation’s heroes by taking part in the @NFL’s #SalutetoService campaign. Every use of the hashtag donates $5 to great veterans causes such as @Stand4Heroes, so get tweeting from now until Nov. 19!
- Between now and Nov.19 every tweet that uses the hashtag #SalutetoService to support the @NFL’s veteran nonprofit partners, including @Stand4Heroes, generates a $5 donation to support the nation’s heroes
- I’m tweeting my support for #SalutetoService to generate an automatic $5 donation from the @NFL to military causes such as @Stand4Heroes. Simply tweet with the hashtag to help our nation’s heroes!
- This #VeteransDay, the @NFL is donating $25 to great military nonprofits including @Stand4Heroes for every use of the hashtag #SalutetoService. Get tweeting!
- Show your support for our veterans by simply tweeting #SalutetoService between now and Nov. 19. Every use of the hashtag generates a $5 donation from the @NFL to veteran focused orgs such as @Stand4Heroes (rising to $25 on #VeteransDay itself!)